“Ailey” Screening and Panel Discussion
THURSDAY, AUGUST 12, 6:30PM
Little Theatre 1 (240 East Ave.)
Standard ticket prices
Tickets available online in advance, or at the door.
ABOUT THE FILM
Alvin Ailey was a trailblazing pioneer who found salvation through dance. AILEY traces the full contours of this brilliant and enigmatic man whose search for the truth in movement resulted in enduring choreography that centers on the Black American experience with grace, strength, and unparalleled beauty.
Please note: “Ailey” opens Friday, August 6 at The Little for regular screenings. The post-film panel discussion will only occur following the Thursday, August 12, 6:30pm screening.
ABOUT THE PANELISTS
- Garth Fagan; Founder & Artistic Director, Garth Fagan Dance
- Norwood “PJ” Pennewell; Garth Fagan Dance
- Ashley Campbell; Culture and Social Impact Strategist
- Thomas Warfield; Director of Dance, National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID)
- Panel moderator: Richard J. McCollough; RABJ Black Cinema Series Chairman
ABOUT THE BLACK CINEMA SERIES
The Little Theatre’s Black Cinema Series, presented in partnership with the Rochester Association of Black Journalists (RABJ), screens both scripted and non-fiction films about the Black experience. With an emphasis on contemporary indepedent films, the series highlights Black perspectives and filmmakers, with screenings and panel discussions with community experts and filmmakers.